Today's step-by-step tutorial will be on how
not to make your own holiday wreath. I'll demonstrate how I did it and you can modify your method, accordingly.
1. I got the spontaneous idea that "making my own wreath would be so much more fun and less expensive" while going into Lowe's and seeing the $5 evergreen wreaths on display.
2. Then, I went to Hobby Lobby where their Christmas stuff was 50% off and looked for
crap decorative items to throw put on my wreath. I saw some snowie stuff and added that to my cart, too.
3. I used the snowie stuff on it, because I wanted it to be all white and silver-ish. Mostly because my front door does NOT match red and there are limited choices when you leave red out. Also, I think flocking may be on its way back (I hope). When I read "indoor use", I assumed it meant that you could spray it indoors...Well, kind of. Then there is the warning not to spray it near your furnace or water heater (which I ignored and ended up doing it about 10 feet away).
4. I turned to my accessories and literally threw the crap on it wherever it fit (after I put a crap-ton of hot glue on them).
5. Then, I sat in wonderment of my new DIY holiday wreath and how...umm...nice it looked.
Well, At least I gave it the old college try though, right?
Project Break Down: